Even though it was chilly on Saturday, BGWFans made it out to the park. We got there as the park opened and made a quick stop at Squire’s Grille (wiki) to get some breakfast and take advantage of the All Day Dining option the park offers. After walking around for a little bit and seeing More Pet Shenangians we decided to do something we had never done before. As you may or may not know, the park offers guests the chance to pick out a piece (or pieces) of pottery and paint them. This is done in the Caribou Pottery, there is plenty of space and it’s well organized. We spent a good amount of time in there due to a fairly intricate piece of pottery being chosen and, while it may not be enjoyable for some to spend an hour and a half painting pottery, it was a good time and a good way to get in from the cold.
We spent the rest of the day walking around the park, seeing shows and taking advantage of that All Day Dining deal I mentioned before. As far as the details of that dining option, the adult option includes an entrée platter and a medium fountain beverage per trip through the line. The kids get a kids entree and medium drink. You can eat as many times as you want during the day and as long as you’re getting just one entrée and/or one medium fountain beverage, you don’t have to hand over one penny. Obviously there are restrictions with this deal. The park doesn’t want one person going up and getting lunch for everyone in their group, so sharing is not allowed. Also, make sure you don’t lose the wristband you’re given cause it won’t be replaced. Here are some more restrictions:
– Not valid for Baby Back Ribs
– Not valid for bottled water, bottled soda or bottled juice
– Not valid for alcoholic beverages
– Kids wristband does not include Sampler Platters
– Wristbands DO NOT allow front of the line access to restaurants
– Up charge for Sampler Platters or Baby Back Ribs is $2.00
– Up charge for bottled water is $0.50
– Valid at: Squire’s Grille (wiki), Pigs in a Kilt (wiki), Grogan’s Grill (wiki), Trapper’s Smokehouse (wiki), Bistro 205 (wiki), Festhaus (wiki), Ristorante Della Piaza (wiki) & La Cucina (wiki)
Throughout the entire day we did not go on one ride, indicating to me that you truly could spend an entire day at the park, not ride one roller coaster, and be completely satisfied. I made sure to take plenty of pictures, which you can see in the gallery below. You can also see all of the pictures in this gallery organized by attraction/area on BGWPictures.com.